Monday, February 3, 2014

Cilantro/ Coriander leaves lemon rice

I love to add cilantro to almost all dishes I make. It could be because I was raised in North India and I love the flavor of cilantro. You may have seen different versions of cilantro lemon rice but mine is very simple and I have used very less oil.
I served this rice with chicken tikka masala, recipe coming later this week.



Ingredients:
White/brown long rice: 2 cups
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt- to taste
Water- 4 cups
A handful of cilantro/ coriander leaves
Oil- 5 tsp

Method:

Boil water in a pot. Add salt, 2 tsp oil and rice and bring to boil over high flame.

Reduce the flame; cover and cook on low flame until rice is cooked. Remove from the flame and keep covered.

Mix chopped cilantro, lemon juice and remaining oil in a deep bowl. Add rice and toss well until rice is mixed.

Serve hot with a side dish of you choice.



Note: If you want you can add whole garam masalas when you cook the rice. I did not used because I wanted to get the real taste of lemon and cilantro.

See you all!

If you liked this post, please spare a little time to pin it, share it with twitter followers, Facebook friends or Google + circles using pin it,  tweet, like, share, or Google + button below the post. It will make me happy. Thank you!!




No comments:

Post a Comment