Thursday, January 30, 2014

Instant fenugreek/methi/uluva leaves dosa


When I am bored of making regular dosa, I look for some variety. Who doesn't like changes? Methi leaves dosa is one such dosa I make at home once or twice a month to make my little son happy. This dosa is my son's one of the favourites. When my son relishes the food I make, I will be satisfied. Methi leaves have many health benefits. This leaf is good for curing stomach problems and indigestion. It cuts down cholesterol levels and controls glucose metabolisn thereby treating diabetes. It is also good for skin and long lustrous hair.

Lets take a quick look at the recipe



Ingredients:

Rice flour- 2 cups
Fenugreek/ Methi/ Uluva leaves- 1 bunch
Onion- 1 ,finely chopped, optional
Ginger- 1 inch long
Turmeric powder- a pinch
Asafoetida-1/4 tsp
Red chili powder- 1 tsp
Salt-to taste
Oil/ghee

Method:

Wash the leaves thoroughly and strain the excess water. Chop the leaves and ginger finely. I used dry methi leaves.

Make a batter(not too watery) of rice flour, turmeric, asafoetida, chili powder and salt. Mix methi leaves, ginger, and onion with the batter. If you want you can blender all together in a blender except methi leaves and onion.

Heat a dosa pan, grease it with a few drops of oil. Pour and spread the batter, add ghee/oil on all sides. Cover and cook. When one side is done, flip it over. Remove from the flame when the other side is done.


Serve with chutney of your choice. Tastes best when eaten hot.

Note: If you have dosa batter, you can use it to make methi dosa.

See you all soon with another yummy recipe.

If you liked this post, please spare a little time to pin it, share it with twitter followers, facebook friends or Google + circles using pin it,  tweet, like, share, or Google + button below the post. It will make me happy. Thank you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment