Thursday, January 30, 2014

Am I nostalgic?


Today I was reading a book in the morning, suddenly I smelled a strong aroma and sensed taste of some food I had had many years ago, for a sec or so. But I couldn't recollect  what was the food.

How many of you had such food memories? I had experienced  this many times before also and I rewound my memory fast but all in vain. It always ended up in disappointment.

Today I didn't want to get disappointed so decided to put conscious effort to remember the food. I wished I could give a big blow to my head.

Suddenly, the memory revealed itself. The taste was of  Mango curry( Mango Pulissery). The memory took me back to my old days when I was in India with my parents. I love the curry my mom makes, she has magic in her hands. I must confess that I can't recreate her magic So I wish if I could warp back time....

I wanted to make Mango pulissery but I didn't have ripe mangoes on hand. So I compromised and made Curd curry instead :) I will post the recipe for curd curry( Kumbalanga Pulissery) soon.

It is so good that we find time to reminisce in spite of our busy lives :)

Update: Check out my Kumbalanga Pulissery recipe 






No comments:

Post a Comment